Night walk-Observing nature in solitude

 



During my East Area SLC, we had a night walk in Yio Chu Kang cemetery as one of the night activities. However, this night walk was different from the other night walks I had in previous camps. There was no scarring or frightening, but it was just walking through the roads in the cemetery. At first, I thought that it was going to be a very boring experience as it was just walking, however when it was my turn to walk I saw other things than just the graveyards. I saw families still paying respects to their family members despite it being very late at that time. Although it was dark, I managed to look at the huge forested area that was also behind it. As I walked further down the trail, I also saw a few animals living by the trees and the forested areas such as some stray dogs and birds. This nigh twalk experience also helped me to relieve some of my stress about the camp as it was quite relaxing. 


Nature is important to me because nature itself consists of many things that keep us humans alive. For example, the trees and plants would not only provide us with air to breathe, but is also a source of food for some people as well. I feel that we should take care of nature as in a way, it belongs to us and also to prevent these natural sources from running out too quickly. Things I can do to protect nature would be to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (3Rs) as it can reduce the need for raw materials so that the rainforests can be preserved. Another thing I can do to protect nature would be to plant plants. These plants can be beneficial to nature as it can help  to absorb carbon dioxide in the atmosphere along with the trees as trees are our main survival ‘tool’ and one tree can only roughly provide oxygen for 4 people. Personally, I feel that every little effort counts and if everybody does their part by planting a few plants, it would have a positive impact on nature.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One pressing issue the world faces

First time participating in NDP